Recently, I’ve been busy with my research on lab, read thesis, presentation twice a week, wrote program, and did report. And that’s why I didn’t have time to bake a cake or make some desserts. But last Saturday, I made my “me-time” to heal stress because too much work on desk, less sleep, will make your skin bad (*ahha!)
I went to ABC cooking class at Takashimaya, Shinjuku. Not like Tachikawa’s Studio, Takashimaya’s Studio looks bigger and there was a special class, called ABC Cooking + m. While m means monitor, because teacher will cook and demonstrate how to make the food in front of class, and students follow by seeing steps that is showed at big monitor in front of class. Wow!
Anyway, this the first time I made Mousse aux fraises. I said I love baking cake or made desserts but sadly, I’ve never made mousse and kinda things like that. Here, in ABC Studio, I learned how to made it step by step. For the recipe, I can not write the original one here, but I made another “my versions” recipe below:
- You need gelatine powder, and mix with cold water before use it.
- Wash and hull raspberries and blueberries.
- Place the whites in a clean mixing bowl. Beat to soft peaks. Gradually add sugar to the whites until they are stiff and glossy. Fold strawberry puree into the egg whites.
- Pour the heavy cream, beat to stiff and add it into whites with spoon. (Here, don’t use mixer.. Just spoon or spatula) …and, don’t forget to adding your gelatine!
- Put the mixture into a glass bowl and chill about 30 minutes.
- Lets make second layer! Add gelatine, and strawberry syrup, mix it well.
- Pour it in the top of first layer, then decorate it with raspberries and blueberries. Finally chill it in refrigerator!
Taste : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
It’s soooo fluffy, soft and has texture like combination of cream and ice cream. Also, by adding sour fruits like raspberries and blueberries won’t make it too sweet. Anyway, if you don’t have raspberries, you can use strawberries or oranges. Next time, I will make another mousse by using cheese or chocolate. See you later in the next recipe!